I planned my time at BCIT Business School carefully so that I took all semesters in my part-time PR program on a full-time basis, allowing me to graduate this summer. Earlier this month, I received a notice saying “due to low enrolment” the last class I’m due to take, which I really need for graduation, “is cancelled.”
When plans change, change plans!
I registered myself in a Coursera class taught by Dr. James V. Green from the University of Maryland. This 6-week entrepreneurship class is called Developing Innovative Ideas for New Companies. It’s free and it requires 5-7 hours per week for assignments. Thank goodness for online learning!
Interested in joining me? Here’s 11 Free Online Courses You Should Enroll in Right Now!
- I read some reviews for the online Coursera class above and it was not impressive. I’ve decided to not continue with taking this class.
- I just checked online – Fall 2014 registration is now open for BCIT and the class I need is not being offered! This delays me even more from graduating. I hope it’ll be made available in the Winter 2015 semester (wow that seems like a long time from now) OR the next spring/summer sem. because I REALLY WANNA GRADUATE!
- Until then, I will continue blogging, reading, researching and keeping myself busy with Tennis meetups 🙂
- The class I need for grad has been slightly changed and is now available. Obviously, I’ve registered for it 😉
- I asked the academic advisor for help (due to changes in requirements) and a required class in the new system will be recognized as my elective for this coming term.
- Due to the above 2 items, this means I get to grad this term! YAAY!!!
Final Update: 12.01.2015
- Finished all my required courses and electives Dec. 2014.
- Got a position as Digital Marketing Intern at Dilawri Group of Companies when my Digital Branding instructor hired me during the last month of class.
- Received my diploma from BCIT in April 2015
- I’ve taken online courses in Entrepreneurship from MIT via EdX to further my understanding of how to better serve customers
- I’m getting into Graphic Design (I love learning about colours and typography) and I’m going to keep learning on my own and on-the-job because I really enjoy updating my knowledge about business communications and marketing 🙂