55-second vlog of what I think about these 2 topics: Note this is an opinion piece. To read the rest of the blog, scroll down please. Thank you!
Click the underlined word for CBC article #1
NEKnominations are dumb
What is it?
- a social media drinking game where you film yourself doing something daring (note: dangerous) while drinking
- you have 24 hours to complete a challenge
- you NEKnominate 2 other friends to complete a new round
- IMHO, something really stupid that they should give Darwin Awards for
- Cause of 4 deaths worldwide already
The point of a NEKnomination is to show you’re tough and that you can one-up your friends
click on any pic below to zoom in
On facebook, a classmate posted photos of her drinking with several friends. She normally posts these kinds of photos so, initially, I didn’t really pay attention. However, she posted a status update later NEKnominating her brother (which meant someone NEKnominated her prior). *shake-my-head gesture goes here*
Her brother completed the task
He continued the cycle by NEKnominating 2 others from his friend list! At this point, I stopped paying attention so I don’t know if he took pictures or filmed a video. To be honest, I don’t really care!
Yes, I know it’s their lives and they can do what they want – so be it! THIS is monumentally stupid, however, and I would be sad to know one of my (social media only) friends be hospitalized or (worse) dead.
Thank goodness their NEKnominations were tame! Enough of this, lemme tell you about RAKnominations!
Click the underlined word for CBC article #2
I LOVE RAKnominations! 🙂
- RAKnominations are Random Acts of Kindness
- you do a good deed and nominate others to also do a good deed
- you don’t have to film it but you can do so just to inspire others
- I think more people should do this cause it is really nice
- I also think they should give out some kinda humanitarian award for this
The CBC article linked above shows samples of RAKnominations
- What do you think about NEKnomination? Do you even care?
- How about RAKnominations? Would you do it only because someone nominated you?!
- Who says this should only apply to people? How about to nature or to animals?
Let me know your response, I AM curious!
Check These Out
There is a RAKnomination facebook page you can visit
Here is another RAKnomination community on facebook
Thanks for reading. Come back soon!